For over 100 years, the Sun Parlor Home has offered long-term care to the community of Essex County. Our mission is "to serve our community by providing supportive, resident-centred care that promotes quality of life."
Sun Parlor Home offers long-term care services for residents, requiring 24 hour professional nursing care, including medical services and nutritious meals with professional registered dietitian oversight.
We invite you to take a video tour of Sun Parlor Home. Facility tours are available by appointment.
The Sun Parlor Home is in enteric (diarrhea, and vomiting) outbreak. The virus can be spread through the air and by touch.
We are asking families to restrict visiting. If you visit please visit only one resident, go to the resident's room and stay in the resident's room. To protect against the spread of infection, we ask visitors NOT to:
- Use washrooms in the resident's rooms (there are public washrooms throughout the home).
- Sit on the resident's bed during your visit.
- Use the resident's telephone.
- Share the resident's food or use any of their utensils, glasses or cups.
Do not visit if you are ill.
You must wear a mask while visiting. Instructions for wearing a mask are available at the Main Reception.
- A modern, spacious home, set on 23-acre forested site in sunny Leamington, the most southerly community of Canada
- Non-profit, 206-bed residence, offering private and semi-private rooms
- Private rooms with high-low bed, wardrobe, private 2-piece bathroom
- Semi-private - 2 living areas, separated by wall curtain, shared washroom
- Also offers 83 resident beds at basic rates
Some of the many services offered at Sun Parlor Home:
Features of Sun Parlor Home:
- Spacious and landscaped grounds with lovely courtyards and gazebo
- Resident rooms designed to accent the beautiful view
- Lounges on each floor with large windows and comfortable seating
- Private dining room for events and dinners
- Garden View Café serves daily afternoon tea
- Multi-use areas including sitting room, tuck shop, beauty salon, lounges, activity rooms, auditorium, chapel, boardroom, resident/family dining room