Long Term Care homes (also known as homes for the aged and nursing homes) provide a place for seniors to live, and offer many support services in a "home-like" setting. People may require this level of support due to advancing age, disability or declining health.
They are often the right choice for seniors who:
- Need help with the activities of daily living
- May require 24-hour nursing care
- Need supervision within a secure setting
Long Term Care homes are:
- Subsidized facilities providing nursing and personal care to individuals who are no longer able to live independently.
- Licensed by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. They operate under their standards and guidelines and are inspected annually.
- Offer higher levels of personal care and support than typically offered by either retirement homes or supportive housing.
For more detailed information about how to apply for and prepare for your move to one of our homes contact staff at our local Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).
Sun Parlor Home
County of Essex is proud to own the Sun Parlor Home in Leamington. Our mission is "to serve our community providing supportive, resident-focused care that promotes quality of life." As a not-for-profit, municipally -owned and subsidized long-term care home with 206 beds, all of our resources are dedicated to our residents.