The Community Care Access Centre is a local information and referral service that link people with appropriate healthcare.
Community Care Access Centres (CCAC) help people:
- receive necessary support to live independently at home
- apply for admission to a day program, supportive housing or assisted living program, or certain chronic care or rehabilitation facilities
- apply for admission to a long-term care home
CCACs also provide information about local community support service agencies and can link people to these agencies to arrange services.
The CCAC can be reached toll free at:
- 310-2222 (CCAC) - an area code isn't required or at
- 1-888-447-4468 (toll free) or
- 519-258-8211 (Windsor and Essex County)
- TTY Number: 519-258-8092.
Hospitals and clinics
There are currently 2 hospitals in the Windsor-Essex area. There is a future acute care hospital planned for this region.
To find a doctor or view a list of the clinics available across Essex County, visit the local Public Health Unit.
Physician Recruitment Office
The Regional Physician Recruitment Office helps doctors wanting to start medical practices in the Windsor-Essex region.
In addition to the services CCAC provide, seniors in the County may be interested in more information about: